Egg muffins, involves nearly no cooking methods, especially with unlimited choices of ingredients, so easy to make, so simple to enjoy.
I really like eggs made by all kinds of different ways, especially this one! Egg is one of the very inexpensive protein sources, nutritious and delicious. Egg muffins can be made in advance for meal prep, served as a quick breakfast, side dishes of lunch or dinner, healthy snacks, and appetizer. Just grab a cupcake pan, let’s get started together!
This recipe makes 6 standard-cupcake-size egg muffins.
|item||weight||cups or spoons|
|egg||300 g||5 large organic eggs|
|red / orange / yellow bell pepper||150 g||3 stems|
|spring onion||50 g||1 stem|
|onion||50 g||1/4 onion|
|mushroom||50 g||3 stems|
|olive oil||27 g||2 tbsp (1 for saute, 1 for pan preparation)|
|sea salt||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|black pepper||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|water||60 g||1/4 cup|
|reference||1 cup = 250ml||1 tbsp = 15ml, 1tsp = 5 ml|
- prepare the pan: I use the standard 6-cupcake pan, brush some olive oil in the pan and set aside
- have all the vegetables diced:
- in a quarter-inch small pieces, about 0.8 centimeters
- I also want to share, it’s good to have a colorful-ingredients in our diet, in this recipe, we have red, orange, yellow, green, black, and white color ingredients! Super colorful! super nutritious!
- prepare the egg: crack the eggs, beat the eggs and season the eggs with sea salt, and black pepper
- statue vegetable dices
- start with a cold pan, add mushroom dices, don’t stir yet, just let the moisture of mushrooms coming out
- add olive oil, add onion dices, add bell pepper dices, add half amount of spring onion dices, statue, till the flavor coming out
- I have put all the seasoning ingredients into egg liquids, so I don’t put any here. The volume ratio is roughly about 1 to 1: it’s 1 cup of egg liquids to 1 cup of statue vegetables
- statue vegetables or not is optional, the flavor is also good without statue, reason I statue vegetables first is mainly to reduce vegetable moisture and I can put more vegetables in each egg muffin!
- put everything in the muffin tin
- put the vegetables first
- pour the egg liquids
- and as a final touch, decorated with spring onion dices on the top
- baking for 15~20 minutes
- I put the egg muffins directly into the oven, without any preheating
- I found the result has no difference, with or without oven preheating