Made by my favorite herb: BASIL. Fresh and refreshing! Dishes made by pesto sauce are both delicious and good for health. It’s also vegan.
Ingredients and the making process are also simple, just basil, almond nuts, cashew nuts, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Put them all together into food processor and push the blend button. Choose to blend roughly or thoroughly, the particle texture and the puree texture are both great.
|Basil||100 g||a bunch|
|almond nuts||15 g||2 tbsp|
|cashew nuts||15 g||2 tbsp|
|garlic||30 g||5 cloves|
|sea salt||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|black pepper||2.5 g||1/2 tsp|
|olive oil||27 g||2 tbsp|
|reference||1 cup = 250ml||1 tbsp = 15ml, 1 tsp=5ml|
- remove stems (two tips shared)
- I prefer removing basil stems to have less fibers in the sauce, this step is optional
- keep the basil dry for further steps, which means don’t wash the basil, here I’m using organic basil from trusted farmer so I don’t have to wash it; however if I have to wash the basil, I’ll use paper towel to absorb the moisture before use
- add all the ingredients into food processor:
- almond nuts, cashew nuts, garlic slices, basil leafs, sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil
- blend ingredients
- olive oil, almond nuts oil, cashew nuts oil, and the moisture of basil leaf itself will have all the ingredients incorporated together and create a smooth texture of the sauce. At this stage, you’ll smell the freshness of basil. It smells so good.
- you can have these ingredients blended roughly or thoroughly, both the puree texture and the particle texture are so good!