Banana is one of my favorite food. Muffin made by banana always makes me smile. It’s a great choice of snacks, breakfast, or even comfort food. Here I’m sharing a super easy vegan version.
This recipe uses mashed bananas and coconut oil to create the smooth texture. No egg, no butter, no milk, no other dairy ingredients.
In particular, adding sugar is also optional. Not necessary to have any intake of added sugar, just enjoy the natural sweetness and flavor of banana itself. It’s really a light and healthy recipe.
This recipe makes 6 standard size muffins, I like to make a small batch to enjoy it freshly, sometimes I multiply the recipe to make a larger batch to store in advance.
For vegan version, make sure your choice of chocolate chips have no milk (or milk + sugar) contained.
|item||weight||cups or spoons||weight % to flour|
|plain flour + whole wheat flour||120 g (100 g + 20 g)||1 cup||100 %|
|baking powder||5 g||1 tsp||4 %|
|baking soda||1 g||1/4 tsp||0.8 %|
|sea salt||1 g||1/4 tsp||0.8 %|
|golden brown sugar||12 g||1 tbsp||10 %|
|coconut oil||30 g||2 tbsp||25 %|
|banana||360 g||2 cups (2~3 bananas)||300 %|
|chocolate chips||40 g||1/4 cup||30 %|
|reference||1 cup = 240ml||1 tbsp = 15ml||1 tsp = 5ml|
- oil the baking pan with some coconut oil, or use baking paper to line the pan.
- preheat the oven to 180*C (about 350*F)
- sift dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- mash banana
- add coconut oil and golden brown sugar into mashed banana
- mix dry and wet ingredients, gently
- add chocolate chips
- scoop batter into baking pan
- bake for 20 to 25 minutes
- cool down in cake rack